Pages

10.1.11

Goodbye, Philippines: A two part ender. (Part one)

 I've pretty much run out of what pictures I have (with me/from this roll) of the month in 2009 that I spent with family and friends in the Philippines. The sad part is, I still have several rolls that I have yet to develop (if they'll still even turn out); both slide & standard film. Eventually, I swear, I'll get them developed. I just don't know where to do it out here in Mass.


This was, obviously, the first shot on the roll--one of those lessons learned about advancing the film far enough forward before shooting. 

Note taken.

If I'm remembering correctly (and, correct me if I'm wrong), the picture above was taken just a little earlier on in the day from when I shot the picture of the child sitting at the edge of that basketball court (basketball is HUGE in the Philiippines, in case you weren't aware--it's everywhere). 

We were speed touristing, essentially. Part of this was due to how long it took us to make our way up to Sagada in the first place. We had car troubles, a hand full of hours slept (in our cars, and in rooms we rented below thiWe had three vehicles full of people (11), clothes, food, and my bicycle.

The plants in the foreground are rice crops ("tanim na bigas" in Tagalog, but "kanin" once the rice has been cooked). If you enlarge the picture, you can see some of the style of rice terraces that we were standing in (on the mountain face at right). It was amazing to see.


 

Skip ahead in the day a bit. This one is a house/shop that is located directly across the road from the cave that we went through.

Off to the right (beyond the edge of this shot), there was a waterfall seemingly coming out of the conifer-thick mountain side. Two men were physically tilling the soil located at mid photo, and the dog was trying to stay shaded from the warmth of the sun.

I took two shots of this scene. The first (above) was the better one. The second had too little of the building, and it seemed to be a bit too overexposed.



To be continued... Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment