Pages

9.1.11

A fun experience

The other night was kind of a fun night. I really didn't want to go out and do anything at all. I just wanted to stay home and be lazy and possibly paint, more or less think about painting and never getting around to it.

I decided to go out.

I met with a few friends at the coffee shop, ended up having a coffee (which was free because I had filled up my punch card). After that, I ended up spending the majority of the night doodling with markers and just having a great time with friends. It was nice, no pressure to finish unfinished art pieces or do anything important, just coffee, art and good company.

Later that night, I parted ways and headed home.

Wide awake from the coffee, I decided to grab my camera and shoot some photos of the ice sculptures and the downtown area while it wasn't congested with people. Numerous times during the night, I was stopped by the police or had a spotlight shined on me from a cruiser driving by while shooting photos--I guess the combination of educated idiots, from a nearby school, mixed with alcohol makes people lose respect for art and respect for other people's property. Politely, I just told the cops that I wasn't trying to vandalize anything and I was just shooting some photos and they left me alone.








1 comment:

  1. I like the way the light goes through the ice. That first shot is almost creepy.

    ReplyDelete