Pages

9.1.11

Library book quandary

I found these books in the NMU library, but I had my doubts as to the authenticity of the signatures inside. In a copy of This Is The American Earth by Ansel Adams, I found this forgery:

















However, in the Galen Rowell book Mountains of the Middle Kingdom, I'm thinking it might be a real signature. If the library ever catches fire, I am rushing in to save this book.


















Anyways, I can't sit here and type about Ansel Adams and Galen Rowell without showing some of their work (after the jump). So good!







4 comments:

  1. I had my brother steal me a hardcover copy of "Book of Negro Humor" from the middle school library. Or rather, the book was "lost," and we had to pay five dollars for it. So we sort of bought it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9.1.11

    I really enjoyed how he used the group of people in the last shot to draw your eye into the beautiful view of the mountains. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Galen Rowell, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just finishing up the book he wrote based on the trip he shot that photo on. It was about the failed 1975 American expedition of K2, and a history of other attempts at the same peak. Very interesting stuff, and a lot of incredible photos.

    ReplyDelete