Pages

10.1.11

(Almost) a completely new bike.

So, after quite a bit of dilly dallying, I finally ordered a new frame (not the T1, though--which I am still planning on getting, as the long-term plan is to have two bikes built up). It's pretty damn beautiful. The only thing lacking, at this point, is my new bars, which should be here tomorrow.

Also today, while I was waiting for my frame to arrive, I got a new seat made up.

Anyway, here you go...


So, the seat above--I didn't make. It's bad-ass, though. Probably one of the most bad-ass seats I've ever seen. It was made by Dave #2, one of the kids that comes into the shop. He's only 14 (Or 15, I can't remember right now.)

Yes, the pocket is functional.
 

-21.1" Volume Drifter frame
-T1 grips
-Primo lever
-Fly Bikes brake arms
-Animal Jumpoff Remix stem
-Odyssey Director fork
-Demolition Phantom front hub w/ hub guard
-Odyssey 7ka (F. & R.)
-Odyssey Convertible post
-Animal Sprocky Balboa
-Profile 177mm cranks
-Fly Bikes Ruben pedals (gum pc's when running pegs, white metal ones for w/o)
-Wipperman 1r8 chain
-Shadow Rant hub w/ Shadow hub guard
-Fly Bikes folding Ruben Callejera R. tire
-Odyssey Aitken K-Lyte F. Tire

The bars I'm currently running aren't mine. They should be in tomorrow (Flybikes Lago bars--I'm stepping down from the MontaƱas just to see how it feels. If I don't like them, I may get the Odyssey 4x4's).

 This is my railed seat. Because I'm stupid, I saw a loose thread, pulled it, and proceeded to dislodge one of the buttons already. Easily fixable, but slightly annoying.

Yes, there is a functional pocket on this one as well, reachable by unbuttoning the outer layer.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10.1.11

    I'm really diggin the new set up RV and I really want to ride with you again! The seat is very creative I'm diggin that also! I'm excited to see that with a bunch of new things your still rocking the rasta spokes, keepin it real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the seats. Have you been piecing this together over time or is it all relatively new?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rear wheel is the oldest (from when the Hickerson wasn't see-through), and the fork was next. Aside from those parts, everything I have now is relatively new. (I just relaced the front hub to a 7ka because the Balance was cracking.)

    Pretty much, since I fractured my wrist, I've just been sitting around, picking parts out every paycheck or so.

    And the button-up seat, I made that in about 40 minutes or so while I was waiting for my frame to show up. Before the week is up, I hope to have some more made (but I'll have better ones once our sewing machine arrives).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that seat is amazing. In fact, I dig the whole bike. I hope it rides as well as it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't done much more than simple putzing around in the shop, but, so far, it rides like sex.

    ReplyDelete