Pages

16.1.11

Sometimes I travel.

There are just some places in this world that feel like a dream. It doesn't matter where you are. It doesn't have to be far away, in some tropical part of the world. It could be anywhere. Someplace new.
Someplace, where you don't know the names of any of the streets, and, maybe, there aren't any names for them anyway. Someplace where, maybe, they speak the same language, but the accents are a little bit different, or harder to understand. Everything is foreign, but not necessarily a foreign land. At least that's the way I feel when I travel.

I'm probably romanticizing it a bit much, but it's something close to that.




 ^ I love this picture. And, I'm pretty sure he was irritated that I was taking it.


It's a tourist thing.

I don't really have anything much to say about these shots. They were all shot on 35mm film (Fuji, if I recall correctly) using a Minolta x700. These, like the others (one, two, three) were shot during one month, before I went off to a school that I quickly dropped out of, in the summer of 2009.

Any questions, let me know (in the comments).

Non sequitur, if you haven't watched 'State of Grace,' you should. It's a pretty bad-ass movie.

2 comments:

  1. Although my travels haven't taken me far outside of the midwest, I love everything about visiting new places. I can't wait to see some places that are completely different from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's just the going new places--it could even just be to a new part of town that you've never been to before (BEST part about riding bmx).

    You know what you also reminded me of (and what I wish life was actually like)? Sliders.

    http://www.hulu.com/watch/14126/sliders-pilot#x-0,vepisode,1,0

    And, in a completely different way, Brisco County Jr.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVrZE5Y2lV4

    ReplyDelete