Pages

19.2.10

*

     While I wouldn't say that I've been lazy, exactly, I will say that Boston's "bad weather" beats the hell out of most of Michigan's springs. Clear skies and 40+ degree consecutive days scream riding in February.

Negatives:

- I'm sore as hell.
- Riding without friends is pretty lame.
- Just like Albion, I'm the best rider in town (technically I don't live in Boston proper, I live in a city that butts up against other cities that butt up against Boston). In my opinion, this is fairly disturbing. The local kids were impressed by my bunnyhop, which they called a "jump."
- Knowing that you're near the Dunkin' Donuts doesn't mean shit. *They're literally fucking everywhere. And that's the only way that I can explain how many of them there are; they've been fucking, and they have reproduced at a rate unparalleled by even the Chinese.

Positives:

- I've been coming up with quite a few ideas for shirts, and hopefully by next month we'll have one or two that can actually be touched and worn. *We chose a name already, but I think it's still hush, for now.
- I've heard people say "fahk you" on more than one occasion (and I wasn't even watching Family Guy).
- Getting lost has improved my sense of direction. *I've also found about a 7 million insane/interesting street spots. So be warned, if you visit, I expect you to go big, and we'll find whatever kind of riding suits you.
- ... ... Well, I guess that's it.

Also, I may be developing a slight case of the Boston accent. I don't know if this is good or bad.

At some point, I have tons of rolls of film to develop. And I will probably go out and shoot sometime this week, as well. So, hopefully, there will be good things in the future.
























Boo.

6 comments:

  1. Soooo I think the odds of me going to Portland this spring are becoming slim, which means that the odds of me visiting Boston are becoming... fat?

    P.S. That picture is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21.2.10

    Rv, I love your photo....no homo of course but I just really like it. Also I would like to rock one of your tees! Did you figure out what brand shirts you were going to print on yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're going to get a few different brands, at first (we are going to test the different shirts/inks for durability). So, for sure, we'll get something that will work for you.

    Once we get everything, I'll get the designs sorted and let you guys choose which ones you want, and which shirt brand you'd like it on. We'll most likely end up sticking with just one shirt brand in the future, but for now we'll be able to let you guys have your pick.

    We also have to figure out how thin lines can be, but that really isn't something that we can do until we get all of the stuff.

    But, with the help of Michael, we're going to have some great designs to choose from, and we'll be able to use your help with what ones to go with! I'm stoked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure the thickness of lines depends on the mesh count of the screen you are using. If I remember correctly from my tech center days, the most frequently used is 120 or something along those lines.

    If I come to Boston for a few days can we make shirts with animals on them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes.

    And actually, one of the designs that I've been toying with and trying to refine has animals and is bmx related. I'm hoping I get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete