Pages

20.2.11

Winter Shooting

Pat and I went out today on a spur of the moment photo shoot, which was a great time. We parked at a nearby business and hiked back to the underpass that we wanted to shoot. Not only did we have a chance to shoot an awesome underpass, but also a freezing river and snowy shrubbery as well. It made for a great little adventure. Here is a few photos from today, and the rest are on casperskizz.blogspot.com.

In this first photo, I really didn't get the shot I wanted. I probably took 6 or 7 photos trying to capture the icicle as it dripped into the water. With the brightness of the snow and ice, and the dark tunnel the elements, it made it rather tricky for me to get the shot I desired. But nonetheless, I thought the icicles were pretty neat as they hung reflecting the light down the length of  the tunnel.

I have been wanting to take a long exposure of moving water in the winter for quite some time now, and today gave me that opportunity. I still have a certain image in my head of the spot that I really want to take this photo--but I do like the way that this photo turned out. My favorite aspect of this photo is the branch in the foreground standing still but right behind it the distortion of the flowing ice on top the water.

I love brilliant colors in photos and being up close and personal when shooting. I love the texture and certain aspects of close up shooting that other photos simply do not draw.

2 comments:

  1. What bridge is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous23.2.11

    Its the one in Zeeland, kinda by the subway right before you get to the Y.

    ReplyDelete