Pages

23.4.14

Screen Printing Bench

I'm currently in the process of repurposing old screen printing screens left over from a t-shirt company. I initially started out using some of the non-paint-covered ones as an experiment in getting into shou sugi ban before some upcoming larger projects which may end up being incorporated with the theme of a new bistro we'll be breaking ground on in the near future. While sifting through all of the old, broken frames, I became distracted by all of the colors (or maybe all of the soot I sucked down while charring the wood), and I ended up whipping this together.













The majority of my time was probably, actually, spent deciding the color layout once I had all of the pieces selected and cut. All in all, pretty happy with how an afternoon of digging around in some colorful madness turned out.


We literally, have piles of this wood that are about five foot wide by five foot deep and, if stacked on top of one another, would probably go up several stories. So, expect more benches, stools, possibly chairs, and at least a table or two (if not some interesting bmx obstacles here and there). - RV


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3.8.14

    That's some fine ingenuity and some cool photos too!

    ReplyDelete